Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Questions for the Nosy

This meme is from Erin at Blogging is for Dorks, check her out, she's great. She made up these questions, go see her answers here.


1. Describe the person nearest to you, or if no one is near you at this moment the person who was last nearest to you, duh.
Goosey, my 9 month old daughter. Currently she is eating apple-strawberry puffs in her favorite summer outfit of diaper. She is just starting to walk, which means we had to purchase what I like to call the 'baby cage.' Not her favorite thing, but works wonders for keeping her from pulling books off shelves, torturing the cats, or making lots of noise directly above Mr. Not Hideous' massage room. (I don't think his clients want to hear Goosey sounding like an elephant while they are trying to relax, but maybe they think it's cute...)

2. Who do you think you resemble most in your immediate family and why?
As far as looks, my sister Storysmith. We have been asked multiple times if we are twins, she is actually two years older than me. I loved that question when we were younger, she didn't.

3. Who do you think (what nation, group or individual) is the biggest threat to our nation's security?
I think Americans are. Well, to be fair the ones who go about ostracizing other counties/peoples because they don't know any better. I think the world would view the States much differently if we were to extend our hands/ears and come up with some solutions together.

4. What do you do at night before you go to sleep? Do you have any rituals, usual behaviors?
This time of year I get into as little close as possible so as not melt into a puddle while sleeping.

5. What's the most challenging thing about being a parent? OR If you don't have children, what do you think will be the most challenging thing about being being a parent?
For me the most challenging thing is to not be so darn Minnesotan. We Minnesotan's have a tendency to 'not make waves,' which means we go along with things just because everyone else is. Being my Minnesotan self has shown up in motherhood when I have been out visiting people or making plans to do things. I tend to let nap times slide or give myself permission to sneak out of the action to take care of Goosey. I know that I do this and it makes things worse in terms attitudes and emotional stability. Imagine the chaos I'll create for myself when I have more than one baby! Eeek!

6. What do you think is your most attractive feature?
My eyes. But I am genuinely pleased with all my physical features, truly I am.

7. Who is your favorite blog friend? Link them!
I'm rather new to blogging, so no blog friends as of yet. But I do really enjoy Josie over at Sleep is for the Weak

8. Max just got in trouble for hitting Olivia in the throat. She's now sitting in time out screaming 'I'm STUPID!' at the top of her lungs. Should I ignore her till her time out is over, or should I talk to her now and ruin the time out?
Oh my, I don't feel like I have any experience to back up my thoughts on this one. I never once was sent to time out as a child, I don't know how the Hatlady, my mother, managed it as a single mom, but it never happened. I have worked with children of all ages in many different settings, but never in the capacity to put one in time out.

I would say 'This is time out and you need to keep your voice down,' and then at the end of time out talk to her about what saying 'I'm stupid' really means about her and what permissions she gives other people about her when she says it.

But that would be in a perfect world, I think I'd end up telling her to be quiet during the time out and not to call herself stupid.

9. Who was the first person you kissed and where are they now?
I think the first boy I kissed was Dan. We were in 7th grade and had lockers next to each other. I thought he was funny. We were both short (well, I don't know about him, but I still am) and all his friends thought it was cute and wanted us to kiss all the time. He was my first boyfriend, I was rather embarrassed. 7th grade is hard enough without having your boyfriend's friends trying to make you kiss all the time.

I think he's married now, but I haven't seen him since 10th grade.

10.Ok, here's the final crapola questionado: What's the grossest thing you've ever done or has ever happened to you?

When I was younger I got carsick a lot. If I had any ice cream before an hour long car ride you could bet that I would need to have the window cracked for fresh air and cold water to drink. Coincidentally this is the same amount of time it takes to get from the Hatlady's house to Traveling Man's, my dad.

On one such trip home from spending the weekend at Traveling Man's house we were a quarter of a mile from reaching the Hatlady's. I told Traveling Man that I didn't feel well and that he should pull the car over, and do it now. He thought we could make it. Guess what, we didn't. I vomited. Now, in my brilliance I didn't just vomit on the car or on myself, but I took my straw hat off my head (yes, straw hat) and vomited in that.

The Hatlady, the sweet hat wearing lady that she is, couldn't bring herself to throw out that straw hat. So, she cleaned it and kept it around the house for years. Yes, I do mean years. I think that only in the last five years or so that hat has finally disappeared. Whether it disappeared to the garbage can or the local thrift store I don't know.

No comments: