Wednesday, October 7, 2009

No water

It has been raining for a few days. Usually I like the rain, especially hearing it fall on the skylights, but when it rains for days it leaks, from the skylights. So, we've been living with buckets and mixing bowls placed strategically around the house.

The cats love it, they can get a drink in just about every room in the house.

I can live with water dripping in because the landlord says he'll caulk it... again. This is an ongoing problem.

The basement is flooded. There are about three inches covering the entire basement. This isn't really my problem, Mr. NH and I don't have anything stored down there, but it has lead to our water being shut off. Apparently a pipe burst in the alley between our building and the meat locker (that's right, I live next to a meat locker. One word of advice, if you ever live next to or park next to a meat locker, don't leave the windows of your car open. Flies.)

The city came and looked at it, they say that the landlord has to pay for the repair because the pipe it just on the wrong side of the magical line that says what belongs to who.

Until it's fixed we have no water. We have to haul buckets of the flood water upstairs so we can flush the toilet. We're living out of the damn buckets and mixing bowls. I guess I should be happy I like to bake and have so many mixing bowls.

I have a love/hate relationship with water right now.

2 comments:

Sarcastic Bastard said...

What a drag, man. I'm too lazy for that shit. Hope it gets fixed SOON.

J. said...

I'm too lazy for it too, the one good thing to come out of it is not having to do dishes for a few days. which has also meant that we are doing as much cooking at home.