Friday, October 9, 2009

Poor neglected crock pot

My crock pot has been on vacation. Since last winter. Last year it was making me stews and chilis and soups. It was great. I would make two meals at once, saving myself time in the evenings to spend with Mr. NH once he got home from work.

And then summer came, and we didn't feel like having chili or stew when it was 85 plus degrees outside. Who wants to eat something that makes them sweat when just going outside can do the same thing?

So my crock pot has been neglected, sitting on the shelf collecting dust. Waiting for the day when the air is cold enough for our bodies to crave warmth in the form of soup or stew or chili.

Time to dust it off, give myself a break and a nice warm bowl of split pea soup.

This post was inspired by #1 of Mama Kat's writer's workshop.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

I love the crock pot!! Probably one of the best things about the colder months.